Community administrators have the ability to take a backup of their community at any point in time. The govdex support team can restore your community from one of these backups should the need arise.
Please note: We DO NOT provide the ability to restore selected communities or documents from our Disaster Recovery backups. You MUST have an XML export of your govdex community in order for us to restore your community.
Benefits of backing up your community include:
- compliance with archival requirements;
- Hard copy reference (print a hard copy of a page or set of pages) and;
- take a snapshot of your community at any point in time.
The govdex system is backed up daily for disaster recovery purposes. The govdex support team are unable to extract individual communities from this backup.
Making a Backup
- From any page in your community, go to Browse -> Advanced
- On the left hand side choose XML Export
- Select the pages you want to backup (you can optionally include comments)
- Click on the Export button
If you require any further information please see our FAQ section.