This statement applies to the govdex website (www.govdex.gov.au) only, excluding support.govdex.gov.au (see support.govdex.gov.au Privacy Statement). The website is managed by the Department of Finance and Deregulation.
Govdex collects personal information that you choose to give us, for example your email address.
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect our logs.
We only use your personal information for the purposes for which you gave it to us.
We do not share information about you with other government agencies or other organisations without your permission unless it:
- is necessary to provide you with a service that you have requested;
- is required or authorised by law; or
- will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s health.
We analyse non-identifiable website traffic data to improve our services.
- You may gain access to personal information about you that we hold.
- You can have us correct any errors or delete the information we have about you.
- You may opt out of any further contact from us.
- To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we may have to gain evidence of your identity before we can give you access to information about you or change it.
This website is bound by the Information Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988.
We also follow the Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government Websites issued by the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
How to contact us
Contact us about any of your privacy concerns or to suggest further improvements to this website via the online contact form.
The following documentation applies to support.govdex.gov.au
Privacy statement for support.govdex.gov.au