- govdex is managed by the Department of Finance and Deregulation (Finance).
- govdex provides You access to communities, up to the security classification of
UNCLASSIFIED with a Dissemination Limiting Marker (DLM) of For-Official-Use-Only (FOUO) or SENSITIVE, with one user name and password.
- You agree to use govdex only for Lawful Purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to govdex.
- You must not post or transmit via govdex any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law.
- Your use of govdex does not:
- affect or reduce any obligation owed to You by any agency;
- reduce any obligation You owe to any agency.
- You must be aware of and abide by the Acceptable Use conditions for community members and administrators.
All community members (including administrators)
- You must keep Your govdex user ID and password secure at all times;
- You must not permit any other person to use Your user ID and password;
- If You use govdex for UNCLASSIFIED: Sensitive/UNCLASSIFIED: FOUO material You must treat
UNCLASSIFIED: Sensitive/ UNCLASSIFIED: FOUO material accordingly; and
- You are only permitted one govdex account.
- You are responsible for maintaining and developing the administration of the community;
- You are responsible for requesting a new, or amending an existing, community;
- You are responsible for authorising new member access or changing existing members’ details for Your community;
- You are responsible for the site management, monitoring, reviewing, archiving and decommissioning of Your community;
- You are responsible for record keeping and ensuring that documents and relevant content are maintained in Your agency’s records management system;
- You are responsible for maintaining an up-to-date backup of Your site for recovery from accidental deletion by You or Your users of content;
- You are responsible for storing community member details (name, email address, telephone numbers or other information) gained from applications to join Your community, in accordance with Australian Government Information Privacy Principles;
- You are responsible for informing and preparing members when they get access to the community;
- You are responsible for cancelling the registration of, any member who, in Your reasonable opinion, has failed to observe, or is otherwise acting in a manner inconsistent with, the terms of Lawful Purposes of govdex; and
- If the community uses govdex for UNCLASSIFIED: Sensitive/UNCLASSIFIED: FOUO material, You should remind members of their obligations in respect of protecting their password and in the treatment of UNCLASSIFIED: Sensitive/UNCLASSIFIED: FOUO material.
- The development and management of govdex is coordinated by Finance. Govdex is hosted behind a secure Defence Signals Directorate (DSD) certified gateway connection, and the system is secure to UNCLASSIFIED: Sensitive/ UNCLASSIFIED: FOUO.
- All staff working on govdex, including third-party contractors are security assessed and approved to a minimum of a PROTECTED level of security.
- Please note UNCLASSIFIED: Sensitive/UNCLASSIFIED: FOUO is used for non-national security information. UNCLASSIFIED: Sensitive/UNCLASSIFIED: FOUO level is used when the compromise of the information could cause limited damage to the Commonwealth, the Australian Government, commercial entities or member of the public or user as an individual.
- For more information about how We protect Your privacy and personal information, please see our Privacy Statement.
- In order to participate in, and contribute to, govdex, You will be required to register and provide an email address. In accordance with the Australian Government Information Privacy Principles, we will only use and disclose Your personal information to a person, body or other agency:
- to provide You with a service that You have requested; or
- as authorised by law, for example, if a law enforcement authority or court order lawfully directs Us to disclose the information of a user.
- Please contact us if You have any questions, problems or feedback regarding the use of govdex.
You and Your means the users of govdex.
Our, Us and We means the Commonwealth of Australia represented by the Department of Finance and Deregulation.