1. Navigate to the govdex log in page by typing www.govdex.gov.au into your web browser.
2. On the right hand side of your screen under the box you would ordinarily enter your password, click 'forgot your password?'.
3. This will take you to the password reset page. Enter your email address and click 'Rest Password'.
4. A confirmation page will appear.
5. You should receive an automated email. Click on the link in the email. Alternatively, you may copy the link and paste into your chosen broswer.
Note: The automated email may be sent to your Spam or Junk folder/s. If you do not receive the email within 15 minutes, please try again and check that the email address has been typed in correctly.
6. This will open a page where you are able to enter and confirm your new password. Please ensure your new password meets the criteria outlined at the top of the page. Once you have entered and comfirmed your new password, click 'Submit'.
7. A confirmation page will appear. You will also received an automated email to confirm the password reset process has been completed. Please wait 15 minutes before logging into govdex.
Note: If your govdex account was inactive prior to completing the password reset process, it may take a period greater than 15 minutes before your access is granted.